December 19, 2005
Nagkikita-kita na po kami!!
I really believe that nothing in the world happens that doesn't have a reason for happening. Nung pinost ko yung class picture namin nung 4th year HS recently, hindi ko akalain na makikita yun ng kaibigan kong si Maricel. And for me, that was the start of something really nice :)
Nagkakakita-kita na po ang Cainta Catholic School Batch '81 and we're growing in numbers. Masaya ako talaga na nakakausap ko na silang ulit. I've even begun to discover people that I never knew I would click with (read: the kulit boys). And I'm really enjoying these new-found friendships with all of them. Trust me in saying, malaking-malaking bagay sya sa akin ngayon.
Altho may mga sad news kami about some batchmates na hindi na namin makakasama pang muli, or mga batchmates who do need our help, overall, this is a good thing for most of us. Nagkaka-usap kami about mga experiences nung high school na yung iba wala akong kamuwang-muwang eh nangyari pala (ang bivouac, ang intrams, ang damuhan sa likod ng school. hehehe.. hanggang dun na lang ang sasabihin ko kasi baka batukan ako ng mga batchmates ko.)
Nakakausap ko na rin madalas yung maldita kong classmate nung high school na si Bernadette na I never knew kahit sa hinagap ko na makasundo ko. But we're starting to rediscover each other and we both have said, we're making up for lost time.
So kung may kamag-anak, kaibigan, asawa, kakilala, kapitbahay, dyowa o anak kayong CCS Batch 81, pakisabi po sa kanila na buhay na buhay po ang batch namin at may reunion this coming December 2006. Sana po makisaya sila sa amin... sumama sila sa egroups o bisitahin nila ang website namin para alam nila kung ano na ang nangyayari. We're still on the lookout for more batchmates. Any leads to them will surely be appreciated!
December 13, 2005
Para Sa'yo... Christmas Gift Ko
Nadiskubre ko ito recently.
Gusto mo ng video para sa website mo pero ayaw mo'ng kumain ito ng sobrang over tudamax na badnwidth?? (Ay so tru yun, matindi sa download rate!) Or wala kang sarili mong server? Try mo ang YouTube! Solb ang problema mo!
December 12, 2005
You Know You're From So Cal When...
1. Your monthly house payments exceed your annual income. (Grabe, ang mahal talaga ng bahay dito, pramis!)
2. You drive next to a Rolls Royce and don't notice. (...at Jaguar, at Hummer, at Maseratti, at...)
3. You don't know anyone's phone number unless you check your cell phone. (Kakalito kasi ang mga area codes)
4. You speak Spanish, but you're not Mexican. (Yo no intiendo espanol, ingles only)
5. You begin to "lie" to your friends about how close you are when you know damn well that it'll take you at least an hour to get there . Getting anywhere from point A to point B, no matter what the distance, takes about "twenty minutes". (Oo, nga.. nasa 10 na ako, malapit na ako sa 57... padating na ako)
6. You drive to your neighborhood block party.
7. In the "winter", you can go to the beach and ski at Big Bear on the same day.
8. You eat a different ethnic food for every meal. (I-Hop sa umaga, Alberto's Mexican Food sa tanghali, DJ's bibingkahan sa meryenda, China Buffet sa gabi)
9. If your destination is more than 5 minutes away on foot, you're definitely driving.
10. Calling your neighbors requires knowing their area code. (Sabi sa'yo eh, nakakalito yang mga area codes na yan!)
11. You know what 'In N Out' is and feel bad for all the other states because they don't have any. (Ang sarap ng In N Out, I swear!)
12. You don't stop at a STOP sign, you do a "California Roll". (Hay naku, minsan nga not STOPping pa nga!)
13. You really can never be too rich or too thin or too tan. (You're too poor if you can't afford Rodeo Drive, too fat if you're a size 6 and too fair even if you're Pinoy)
14. You've partied in Tijuana at least 3 times... You don't remember at least 1 of them. (Welcome to the border, amigos, where the booze is legal at any age and pot is everywhere!)
15. You go to a tanning salon before going to the beach.
16. You know what a Mexican Pizza is, and it's not the one at Taco Bell. (Yo no quiero Taco Bell)
17. Your cell phone has left a permanent impression on the side of your head. (Can you hear me now?????)
18. You think that Venice is a beach. (May iba pa bang Venice???? hehehehe)
19. The waitress asks if you'd like "carbs" in your meal.
20. You know who the tinsel underwear dude in Venice Beach is.
21. You classify new people you meet by their Area Code. An "818" would never date a "562" and anyone from "323" or "213" is ghetto/second class. Best area codes are: "714 & 949." Nobody likes anyone from the "909" because it stinks there. (Nakakaloka na talaga ang mga area codes, ha!)
22. You call 911 and they put you on hold.
23. You have a gym membership because it's mandatory. (Lifetime, irrevocable and cannot be used with another branch!)
24. The gym is packed at 3pm...on a workday.
25. You think you are better than the people who live "Over the Hill". It doesn't matter which side of the hill you are currently residing, you are just better than them, for whatever reason.
26. You know that if you drive two miles in any direction you will find a McDonald's or a Starbucks.
27. You know what "sigalert", "PCH", and "the five" mean.
28. You can't remember... is pot illegal? (San mo itatago yung binili mong damo sa Tijuana????)
29. It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH" (Isama mo na ang traffic watch dahil for sure, matraffic na naman!)
30. The Terminator is your governor. (Ah'll be back!)
31. You know that Taco Bell ISN'T Mexican Food. (Yo no quiero Taco Bell nga eh!)
32. You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from California. (Sige na, i-cut and paste mo na 'to!)
December 06, 2005
2005, A Retrospect
As 2005 is about to end and the holidays are drawing near, you tend to look back at the year that almost will be a "was". (People tend to do this when they get... *ehem* a certain age.) So many things have happened this year. Unexpected, suprising, welcomed, unassumed... just like all other years in the past.
In retrospect, I've lost some friends, gained new ones, rekindled old ones and retained the very best of them. I've reached the much talked about, very controversial age of 40, which, I have to hastenly add, is THE new 30s. (Hey, whatever would make me hold on, man, I'd buy it!)
A new nephew arrived and the first one I saw at birth. An addition to my four niece and nephews that I will continue to love until my last breath. And of course, my sisters and brother who will never cease to be an important part of my life.
A new home for my parents, something they can be proud of. My alive and healthy parents. And while we're at it, my grandmothers, Fely and Coriting, who God continues to bless with renewed life everyday.
A need for prayers - for my godmother, some friends and their loved ones.
The year had been kind. We had our share of downs, they were significant, but nothing that would break us, nothing that would stop us from looking beyond to see the silver lining underneath. We also had our ups, and we would always be grateful for that.
The year is almost ending but there is still something that I had the chance to be thankful for because it finally happened. For that, I will say a silent prayer of thanks... I can't disclose what it is. It's between my God and me. But "thank you", God. You do have a way of working things out.
And on that note, I thank God for my Andres. For what he is, what he will be, for the future that we're still holding on to and working for.
To all of you, a very blessed and quiet Christmas and a very safe New Year be yours...
Ps. Sa mga matagal ng sumusubaybay ng blog na ito, natatandaan nyo siguro yung paborito kong kanta para sa amin ni Andres ko. Pasensya na kayo kung medyo uulitin ko ulit sya dito. (Pero this time, mapapakinggan nyo na ung mp3 din nung kanta.) May sakit kasi sya ngayon, and while I watch him take a nap because of exhaustion, I have been playing this on my laptop for him...
(Michael McDonald/David Pack)
LOST AND LONELY LIVES
FLOATING LIKE WAVES AT SEA
WE MAKE IT DAY BY DAY
WATCHING THE WORLD GO BY
IN A MOMENT WHERE TIME STANDS STILL
FROM HERE WE LOOK OUT ON FOREVER
DARLING, OUR LOVE
ONE LOVE THAT NEVER FADES AWAY
THIS LOVE WILL LIGHT THE WORLD ON ITS WAY
SHATTERED, BROKEN DREAMS
SIFTING LIKE GRAINS OF SAND
WE CLAIM IT AND HERE WE STAY
WATCHING THE WORLD GO BY
WITH THE STRENGTH THAT WE SPEND IN THIS LIFE
IN THE HOPE THAT IT GOES ON FOREVER
WE BELIEVE AS WE PROMISE TO TRY, THAT (Chorus)
IN A MOMENT WHEN TIME STANDS STILL
FROM HERE WE LOOK OUT ON FOREVER
AND WE CAN SEE ALL THAT TIME WILL TELL